[ELDK] ELDK 4.2 testing

Derek Cameron cameron_derek at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 17:07:18 CET 2008

Hi

I've been trying out the new version of the ELDK on an MPC8540 processor and have found a few things.

I build the kernel successfully using the mpc8540_ads_defconfig default config file in the arch/ppc/configs folder.
When this kernel starts up, there is a large pause (1 - 2 minutes) after the text "Starting system logger:".
After a couple of minutes the OK text appears and it carries on as normal.

I tried building u-boot using the following:

make distclean
make MPC8540ADS_config
make

The build fails on the besys.c file.

I also tried using the uRamdisk file that is part of the SELF rpm.  When the kernel tries to use this it goes into a panic.
The error says there is no init file.

I have not looked into any of the errors as I was unsure if they are known errors.

Thanks

Derek