[ELDK] Building ELDK 4.2 from scratch

Johan Borkhuis J.Borkhuis at cimsolutions.nl
Wed Jan 9 09:27:45 CET 2008

Hello,

I am trying to build ELDK 4.2 from scratch, using the GIT repository as base. I
extracted the build, tarballs and SRPMS git trees, and tag ELDK_4_2_rc1.

I ran into a few problems. The first one was that autoconf could not be build in
the eldt build phase. After installing emacs this problem was fixed. Is there a
list of  programs that need to be installed before the ELDK can be build from
scratch?

Next I ran into a problem compiling the libuser package (step trg.33):

cd ../.. && /bin/sh
/opt/eldk-4.2-build/build/ppc-2008-01-07/work/usr/src/denx/BUILD/libuser-0.56.2/admin/missing
--run automake-1.9 --gnu  docs/reference/Makefile
docs/reference/gtk-doc.make:7: GTK_DOC_USE_LIBTOOL does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
docs/reference/Makefile.am:53:   `docs/reference/gtk-doc.make' included from here
docs/reference/gtk-doc.make:43: ENABLE_GTK_DOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
docs/reference/Makefile.am:53:   `docs/reference/gtk-doc.make' included from here
docs/reference/gtk-doc.make:136: ENABLE_GTK_DOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
docs/reference/Makefile.am:53:   `docs/reference/gtk-doc.make' included from here
make[3]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1

I did install gtk-doc, but this made no difference. Do I need to install
something extra, or is there something else going wrong?

Kind regards,
   Johan Borkhuis

--
Johan Borkhuis                                  Dutch Space BV
email:        j.borkhuis at dutchspace.nl          Newtonweg 1