[ELDK] Yaffs2 file system does not compile in the latest stable versions of the kernel

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jul 4 10:07:24 CEST 2008

Hi Jean-Loup,

> I'd just like to report a problem with a Linux version downloaded from
> the Denx's Website:
>
> We downloaded the stable version to upgrade the kernel for our embedded
> software (running on a 440EP processor). We tried the: "DENX-v2.6.25.4
> DENX 2.6.25.4 release", and then, we tried the 2.6.25.7 (that was the
> latest stable version at the time of our download).
>
> When one takes this distribution and adds the YAFFS2 file system support
> (with "make menuconfig": File Systems>Other Files Systems>Yaffs2
> [compiling as a module]), the kernel does not compile...

[...]

Thanks for reporting this problem with the YAFFS2 code in our kernel.
Actually we merged that for a customer project some time ago without
provisions for maintaining the code in our repo.

I will see if updating YAFFS2 is easy, but if it ain't straightforward,
then I fear we have to remove it unless someone really needs (meaning
sponsors the time needed) the support done from us.

Thanks
  Detlev

--
Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
                                        -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery