[ELDK] Binutils 2.17 an issue for 2.6.26 kernel?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 18 12:14:36 CEST 2008

In message <1ba63b520807180055m49efb86vdf2ff990581eff0 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> What is the workaround segher is referring to, and why not just upgrade ELDK
> with binutils 2.18?

binutils is a pretty fundamental package  -  nearly  everything  else
depends  on  it.  Updating  binutils includes (at least) a rebuild of
*all* cross tools and of *all* target libraries  and  binaries  -  in
other  words:  it's  a  complete  new  release  with all the required
testing efforts.

Such an update will be done eventually, but  then  probably  combined
with  switching to gcc 4.3.x, and maybe other updates. But as long as
there is little community activity and we (DENX) are the only ones to
actively drive such a development, you better  don't  ask  me  for  a
release date yet.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If God had wanted us to use the metric system, Jesus would have  had
10 apostles."