[ELDK] Iptables problem

stefano babic stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org
Tue Oct 28 14:49:12 CET 2008

Bob Bloom wrote:
> However, if I issue the same command without the "--dport", it works fine. I
> have selected every option in the Netfilter configuration and built all the
> available modules and still no success.

Hi Bob,

the option --dport requires additional modules in your system and it
seems they are not installed. You can try to link all these modules
statically to the kernel to check if it works.

Check if CONFIG_IP_NF_FILTER and CONFIG_IP_NF_MANGLE (I am not sure
about names, I tested with 2.6.27) are linked to your kernel.

However, this is not a problem with ELDK 4.2 and iptables 1.38. I am
able to run your command  without problems:

-bash-3.2# iptables -t nat -L

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

DNAT       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
dpt:65432 to:16
9.254.100.2:65432

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)