[ELDK] Changing kernel in ELDK-4.2

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 12:02:56 CEST 2008

Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you for your response.
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Just install your own kernel tree in any directory you like
> (typically somewhere in your $HOME), and use the ELDK to configure and
> build it.
>
> There are NO changes needed to do that - neither to the ELDK nor to
> your kernel tree.

OK, got it, just to compile it using the ELDK cross-compiler.

In some cases, we might need to put to the rootfs
/lib/modules/kernel-<version>
the modules. How to handle it better, to pass some path to make install?

Yet another issue will be to cut the size of rootfs by removing some
packages.
How to handle it within the ELDK framework.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Robert