[ELDK] Using ELDK on an old ARM platform

Johan Borkhuis maillist at borkhuis.com
Sat Apr 11 22:36:40 CEST 2009

Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Johan Borkhuis,
>
> In message <49DF5CAA.1070402 at cimsolutions.nl> you wrote:
>
>> I am trying to run ELDK 4.2 on an older ARM-platform. This platform runs
>> kernel 2.6.12, which does not yet support the EABI standard afaik. ELDK
>> 4.2 however is compiled with EABI support. Is there a version available
>> with support for the old ABI interface, or should I move to an older
>> version of the ELDK?
>>

> Where exactly is ELDK 4.2 not working for you?

The problem I have is that I cannot run the binaries provided with ELDK
4.2 or that I build with the ELDK 4.2 tools. I can build the kernel
(2.6.12) with ELDK 4.2, and this works fine, but only the executables
that were provided with the system can be executed with this kernel. But
I would like to move to ELDK tools, so I am looking for a way to enable
the kernel to run the newer binaries or to get an ELDK version than can
create the older binaries.

Kind regards,
    Johan Borkhuis