[ELDK] ELDK Linux 2.6.29, MPC885ADS and early console

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 16 08:54:21 CEST 2009

Dear Sylvain ANDRE,

In message <49E6CFDF.1010702 at assystem.com> you wrote:

> I added concole=ttyCPM0 in the command line, but the console doesn't run
> :-(

Maybe you forgot to power on?

Sorry, but you did not give any details, like which exact software
versions (U-Boot and Linux, whiche xact git commit ID) you are using,
which exact commands you are running to configure and build the
software, how you build the device tree blob, how exactly you load
and boot the image, what your exact boot argument settings are, which
root file system you are using, etc. etc. So how do you expoect us to
be able to guess what might be wrong on your system?

> In order to understand, I used the powertap cable to debug and watch CPU
> memory & registers with codewarrior.

I don't think that CW has a clue about dealing with virtual memory.
And this is essential when running Linux. With Linux, the PowerTap box
is just usable as a (poor) doorstop.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Ernest asks Frank how long he has been working for the company.
        "Ever since they threatened to fire me."