[ELDK] ELDK4.2 on Fedora 11

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 20 20:36:31 CEST 2009

Dear raju at vetukuri.com,

In message <3085.121.243.142.16.1250786625.squirrel at 75.126.219.125> you wrote:

> I am following the instructions that have been given in your guide to port
> the linux to Freescale ADS boards. I am attaching few lines of the initial
> error here for your reference. Hope this will help you in guiding me to
> resolve the make menuconfig command. I feel this is because of warning:
> multi-line strings not supported, if yes please let me know the solution.

Noi, it's not. This is just another symptom...

> [emg at localhost denx]$ make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_82xx- menuconfig
> scripts/kconfig/mconf arch/powerpc/Kconfig
> arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype:22: unknown option "If"
> arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype:156: unknown option "If"
> arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype:157: unknown option "SWIOTLB"

Something is awfully corrupted in your Linux kernel tree. Files must
be seriously messed up, for example as the result of storing them on
some Windoze file system, or using a Windoze environment to copy
files.

Please throw away  the  whole  tree,  and  download  and  install  it
completely  from  scratch. Make sure only to use tools that are known
not to mess with file formats etc. (i. e. use only Linux tools),  and
don't  use  any  file  systems  that have such issues (i. e. use only
standard Linux file systems).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."                       - Bert Lantz