[ELDK] Image compiled with ELDK for ARM not running on kernel compiled on cramfs file system

Diptopal Basu diptopal.basu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:18:36 CEST 2009

I am working on Versatile ARM 926EJ-S baseboard and compiling a simple
application applications with RVDS and ELDK compiler .

We have an initramfs file system for our kernel , any application compiled
with ELDK runs on the kernel , but if we try to use ARM RVDS format files (
.axf ) it does not recognise the files .

  On the other hand reverse happens on the vendor supplied kernel which has
cramfs file system .Files compiled with ELDK does not run on this kernel. I
am suspecting the filesystem , what could be the problem ? Please comment .

Regards
Diptopal