[ELDK] Can't execute bin file

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Jun 16 13:19:38 CEST 2009

Hi Zaahir,

> I am using  Embedded Planet Sequoia board
>
> based on AMCC Power PC (PPC440EPx-SUA533T).
>
> and using eldk 4.2 ( Linux-2.6.24 ).
>
> I am trying to make the board as NFS server did necessary changes.
>
> But when kernel boots  getting :
>

>                INIT: version 2.86 booting
>                INIT: cannot execute "/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit"
>                INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
>                INIT: cannot execute "/etc/rc.d/rc"
>
> than asking for  loging ID
>
>                   (none) login:
>

> I tried root/default etc but in no use.

It seems the NFS rootfilesystem on your NFS server has some problems.
Or maybe it is simply a wrong NFS export option.  Do you have the
"no_root_squash" option set for this export?

To troubleshoot, I'd use a different "regular" Linux PC, NFS mount the
filesystem and check for obvious problems, i.e. use "ls -l" on the files
above and look for differences as to what is on the NFS server.
I.e. what does

ls  etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit etc/rc.d/rc

yield on your NFS server (pwd being the root of NFS) and what does it
yield on a machine mounting it?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Q: Does that mean we also shouldn't be using IRQF_SAMPLE_RANDOM on
   interrupt [sources]?