[ELDK] Can't execute bin file

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Jun 23 15:38:39 CEST 2009

Hi Zaahir,

> For me that binary execution problem got solved.
>
> I freshly build the file system for the board.

You freshly _installed_ the ELDK right?  But glad that solved the
problem.

> Now one new problem.....
>
> I am able to logged in with some warnings & script syntax error.. but
>
> able to get the ping eth0 is up
>
> problem when I try to start nfs demon
>

>  -bash-3.2# /etc/init.d/nfs start
> /etc/init.d/nfs: /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: line 139: syntax error: Bad
> substitution

Wow, this looks _really_ strange and I've never seen this before.

> This syntax error when kernel booting also.
>
> Kernel bootup log attached with the mail.

The attachment didn't make it.

> I feel something missing in file system,
>
> not getting what? may be wrong also

Did you correctly run the ELDK_MAKEDEV and ELDK_FIXPERMS script as
advised in the README?

Apart from that there is really nothing much that can go wrong on
installing the ELDK.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our
brains drop out.