[ELDK] Does the latest version of ELDK is 4.2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 5 15:55:59 CET 2009

Dear =?GB2312?B?wdbWvsa9?=,

In message <8148211e0911050638h2de7eb38q688567740ee1933f at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I find it a little puzzled to see ELDK4.2 is last modified in 25-Nov-2008

ELDK version 4.2 for the Power architecture was released on April 01, 2008;
the ARM version was released on November 24, 2008.

> And ELDK4.1 is mainly finished in Jan-2007, with a modification in Feb-2009

ELDK version 4.1 was released on January 19, 2007 for the Power
architecture, and on January 21, 2007, for ARM and MIPS.

> But the uboot version in ELDK4.2 is still 1.3.1,

This was the latest release before the code freeze for ELDK 4.2.

> Because I am now porting u-boot2009.08 using ELDk4.2,and I came accross some
> problem I can not explain yet.

Maybe you should ask specific questions on the U-Boot mailing list,
then.

> I am wondering whether it has any thing to do with my CROSS COMPILE tools in
> ELDK4.2 or not.

Most probably not. We've been using ELDK 4.2 for all our work since,
and especially for all U-Boot development.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Uncertain fortune is thoroughly mastered by the equity of the  calcu-
lation.                                               - Blaise Pascal