[ELDK] plans for new ELDK release? (was: Re: Does the latest version of ELDK is 4.2)

Anthony Foiani tkil at scrye.com
Tue Nov 17 08:01:26 CET 2009

WD> Most probably not. We've been using ELDK 4.2 for all our work
WD> since, and especially for all U-Boot development.

Wolfgang --

Are there any plans to update ELDK and its build requirements to a
more recent base?

(Fedora 7 is 2.5 years old, and you've implied that using software 4
years old is ridiculous.  Fedora is currently at version 12.  Also,
having read your application note about how to rebuild ELDK via KVM
and friends ... ouch.)

My personal interest is that I'm using some fairly modern features of
C++, and this might eventually require a more current GCC than that
shipped with Fedora 7.

Thanks again for the excellent tools that you already provide!

Sincerely,
Tony