[ELDK] Problem for drivering USB laser printer on kilauea-linux

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Nov 19 14:47:36 CET 2009

[Added ELDK to Cc again]

On Thursday 19 November 2009 12:08:27 噜斯卡 孙 wrote:
>        I checked my image name with yours. They are the same. I used the
>  kilauea_defconfig in 'arch/powerpc/configs/40x'I attach it in the
>  accessory.

This is correct.

>  From your booting log, I can see the USB probing information.
>  But nothing in my booting log. I will paste my log below.

Very strange. Perhaps you did not use the updated kilauea device-tree blob?
Please make sure that you use the kilauea.dtb from this kernel version. This
one is generated via:

$ make kilauea.dtb
-> arch/powerpc/boot/kilauea.dtb

>  In the source
>  code of 2.6.25, I find that there is a file named 'kilauea-usb.c' in
>  'arch/powerpc/platforms/40x/' for the USB otg controller of 405ex. But I
>  can't find anything about the otg of 405ex under the same folder of
>  2.6.32. But in 2.6.32, I find the 'arch/powerpc/sysdev/amcc-usbotg.c' may
>  for the otg controller. I'm not sure. Can you analyze something for my
>  problem?

Correct. amcc-usbotg.c replaces the "old" kilauea-usb.c.

>  Thank you!
>       Here is the log from my Kilauea board booting 2.3.32:
>
> U-Boot 1.3.4-rc2 (May 18 2009 - 15:40:17)

This is quite old. You may want to update to the latest U-Boot version. Even
though this is most likely not the problem with USB you are seeing right now.

Again, I suspect that you are using the wrong kilauea.dtb. Please give it
another try with the latest version and let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de