[ELDK] Native compiling freezes with swap over nfs!

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Nov 30 18:45:49 CET 2009

Hi,

> Creating a swap-file over nfs like described in this thread is OK
> and should work without problems.
> If not (with blocking issues for example) there could be a kernel
> problem.
> Is that correct?

A long time ago, I wrote up an FAQ entry for this in our documentation:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/SwappingOverNFS

Reading it again, it seems that your straightforward approach also had
problems at that time.  Maybe try again along the FAQ and include
another level of indirection...

Best wishes
  Detlev

--
Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.
           -- Abraham Lincoln