[ELDK] Kernel Panic - not execute /bin/init

J.Hwan.Kim frog1120 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 04:38:07 CEST 2009

Hi, everyone

I created JFFS2 root file system with ARM ELDK4.2
I used the command like this fror JFFS2 image :
mkfs.jffs2 -U -l -d rootfs -D rootfs_devices.tab -o root.jffs2 -p -e
0x4000 -n

My boot command is like this :
root=/dev/mtdblock3 rw rootfstype=jffs2 init=/bin/sh console=ttySAC0

The root file system seems to be mouted but shell is not executed.
Please tell me how I can solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
J.Hwan Kim

Log Data :

TCP cubic registered
RPC: Registered udp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: unable to open rtc device (rtc0)
VFS: Mounted root (jffs2 filesystem).
Freeing init memory: 140K