[ELDK] Version U-Boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 8 11:59:40 CEST 2010

Dear yel_yahc,

In message <d08e7f6f0eab5934960a18276a9942cd at etud.insa-toulouse.fr> you wrote:
> In my board I had Linux 2.6.27 it works correctly with U-Boot 1.2, I try
> now to mount 2.6.32.denx with ELDK root file system with U-Boot 1.2 that I
> already configured,

Ah, but this is different from what you said before.

Do I understand correctly that you have a Linux 2.6.27 kernel that
works fine with the root file system over NFS, and then there is
another 2.6.32 kernel which does not not work when using the same root
file system from the same server?

In this case the problem is obviously not with the root file system,
but with your new kernel.

> Yes I verified, I have console, null, zero and much other nodes, I'm
> blocked from yesterday in this part, when I run my script in minicom of
> NFS, the Booting Image appears the .dtb follows and just after it hangs.

"just after it hangs?" Before, you wrote you saw a "Unable open an
initial console" error message, which can only come after a _lot_ of
other kernel boot messages - assuming you have working console support
in your kernel at all.

> Should I update the root file system, perhaps something was delete, if
> it's a good idea how can have my root file system in ELDK without removing
> ELDK and reinstall?

If you fear that the root file system might be corrupted, you have to
reinstall the ELDK.

But if the same root file system works with your older Linux 2.6.27
kernel then you can be pretty sure that the problem is not with the
root file system but with your new kernel instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The sooner our happiness together begins, the longer it will last.
	-- Miramanee, "The Paradise Syndrome", stardate 4842.6