[ELDK] How to change time zone in ELDK4.2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 23 21:21:11 CEST 2010

Dear "J.Hwan.Kim",

In message <4BD1BFD3.20300 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I installed root file system from ramdisk image in ELDK.
> (/opt/ELDK/arm/images/ramdisk_image.gz)

Ah. This is information you failed to provide before.  So you are
using the BusyBox based embedded image.

> The directory of /etc has no file "localtime" and
> directory of "/usr" contains only "lib" and "sbin".
> What's wrong?

Nothing is wrong - this is an embedded file system where only the
stuff was added that was really necessary for a specific purpose.
Timezone support was not among the requirements when building this
file system.

Did you try instaling the file /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Seoul from the
ELDK development environment as /etc/localtime in your root file
system?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Athens  built  the  Acropolis.  Corinth  was  a   commercial   city,
interested  in  purely  materialistic things. Today we admire Athens,
visit it, preserve the old temples, yet we hardly ever  set  foot  in
Corinth."              - Dr. Harold Urey, Nobel Laureate in chemistry