[ELDK] mkfs.jffs2 in VmWare 7.0

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Aug 9 11:53:01 CEST 2010

Hi J.Hwan Kim,

> I have a problem of making root file system with mkfs.jffs2 in VmWare 7.0.
>
> When I do "mkds.jffs2" in debian linux, it works well.
>
> My instruction is "mkfs.jffs2 -U -l -d rootfs -D rootfs_device.tab -o
> root.jffs2 -p -e 0x20000 -n"
> and I followed DULG manual.
>
> If I try to make a root file system with above instruction in VmWare 7.0,
> the kernel panic messages come.

What kernel panic messages - on the target trying to mount the
filesystem, or on the vmware host?

Please show us these panic messages.

> How can I fix this problem?

I don't quite know what problem you have, so I can't say.

Best wishes
  Detlev Zundel

--
More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads.  One
path leads  to despair  and utter  hopelessness.   The other to total