[ELDK] Not able to mount USB stick on ELDK 4.2 compiled filesystem

Ratheendran R ratheendran.s at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 12:59:55 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am using ELDK 4.2 gcc for arm based Embedded System.

STEP1
I downloaded from the link below.
1. Download arm-2008-11-24.iso from your site "
http://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/4.2/arm-linux-x86/iso/" site

STEP2
I updated my file-system with tool-chain library and cross-compiled busybox.
1.Building the Root file system
untar the root_qtopia.tar.gz which is available on CD.
cd root_qtopia
rm bin sbin lib usr -rf
cp /opt/ELDK/arm/lib . rf

STEP3
2. cross compiled BusyBox with this toolchain and copied the following
folders to rootfs_qtopia.
cp <path to BusyBox Install>/{bin,sbin,usr}    root_qtopia/     -rf

ISSUE is here-->
Now when I try to mount the USB to file system,I get the below message.
     mount /dev/sda1 /media/
     mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /media/ failed: No such file or directory.

Kindly let me know on how to fix this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Ratheendran