[ELDK] Recent valgrind on libc 2.6, ELDK 4.2 (ppc_4xx) ?

Nepveu, Charles Charles.Nepveu at verint.com
Wed Mar 17 13:40:51 CET 2010

Hi!

I found it impossible to compile a recent version of valgrind because of unsupported/unrecognized assembler commands using the DENX ELDK 4.2/ppc_4xx toolchain.
A fellow coworker pointed me to ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/tmp/valgrind-2.4.1-ppc.tar.gz which compiles and works (once you remove the glibc version check from the configure script).  At this point, valgrind works on our target, but it keeps reporting "Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)" error within libstdc++. Also, it doesn't seem to follow memory allocation using the c++ 'new' operator.
I haven't gone more in depth with that version, because it seems it wasn't made to work with glibc 2.6 (the configure script checked for 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, or 2.4), and because it's an old version of valgrind.

Has anyone got a recent valgrind version working on ppc_4xx using ELDK 4.2? Thanks!

Charles Nepveu
Software Developer
Verint Video Solutions

1800 Berlier, 2nd floor
Laval, QC, H7L 4S4
T: +1 (450) 686-9000 x241
F: +1 (450) 686-0198

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.