[ELDK] ELDK 4.2 on Ubuntu 9.04

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Mar 18 15:17:48 CET 2010

Hi Youssef,

>> Well there must be something which is not quite correct.  Please show us
>> a whole transcript of the commands that you use.  I just verified that
>> this works as expected for me.  Please also include the output of "git
>> --version" just in case.
>>
>> Cheers
>>   Detlev
>>

> That's what I did in my terminal:
>
> ~/Documents/ELDK/eldk-4.2/ppc_6xx/usr/src$ sudo git clone http://git.denx.de/linux-2.6-denx.git linux-2.6-denx

Ok, in your last mail you told us that you typed:

git clone git://git.denx.de/linux-2.6-denx.git linux-2.6-denx

which is a real difference.  I hope you will understand that with such
imprecise information it is _really_ very difficult to help you.

> Initialized empty Git repository in
> /home/yem/Documents/ELDK/eldk-4.2/ppc_6xx/usr/src/linux-2.6-denx/.git/
> Getting alternates list for http://git.denx.de/linux-2.6-denx.git
> Getting pack list for http://git.denx.de/linux-2.6-denx.git
> Getting index for pack a9d58e24523c1e978762b952169c83c86f6ab1e3
>
> And the prompt block I do cltr+c to have my prompt

Ok, so you abort the command because it will take a while to finish and
you then wonder why you don't have the results of the command?  Please
excuse me for asking, but do you think your computer can do magic?

> I want precise that I have admin rights I'm not root.

You certainly do not need to use "sudo" at all.  But since you can
obviously do it, you _do have_ admin rights, i.e. you _are_ for the sudo
command.

Again, excuse me for asking, but don't you have any fellow student who
can show you such basic things about working with GNU/Linux?  This
mailing list is surely no newbie help forum, sorry.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
I have a computer on which I can install any code I choose.  I don't
think that is a security flaw.  On the contrary, if only one company