[ELDK] glibc change for eldk 3.1.1

Levend Sayar levend.sayar at karel.com.tr
Thu Mar 25 16:41:31 CET 2010

Hi Detlev,

Thanks your reply. Yes I know, changing thread library is also a significant impact but NPTL is better than LinuxThreads which is
obsolete right now.
So that impact would be in a positive way I think.

In fact, we are trying to port openldap on ppc. openldap uses BerkeleyDB backend.
When you compile BerkeleyDB and openldap with ELDK 3.1.1 toolchain, BerkeleyDB
complains as "function not implemented" for mutex implementation of glibc 2.3.1 in ELDK 3.1.1.

This causes problems for simultaneous access to openldap server. Since it tries to synchronize processes.
I thought that Posix Pthread implementation of NPTL would be better than LinuxThreads. So I tried what I said before.

_lvnd_
 (^_^)