[ELDK] glibc change for eldk 3.1.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 25 19:09:59 CET 2010

Dear "Levend Sayar",

In message <961D30E8F4BE4A33B6E9BBD9964E2FF6 at levendsayar> you wrote:

> Thanks your reply. Yes I know, changing thread library is also a significant impact but NPTL is better than LinuxThreads which is
> obsolete right now.
> So that impact would be in a positive way I think.

Indeed. But the way to gett here includes switching to a Linux 2.6
kernel.

> In fact, we are trying to port openldap on ppc. openldap uses BerkeleyDB backend.
> When you compile BerkeleyDB and openldap with ELDK 3.1.1 toolchain, BerkeleyDB
> complains as "function not implemented" for mutex implementation of glibc 2.3.1 in ELDK 3.1.1.

One more reason to switch to the (2.6 Linux) based ELDk 4.2.

> I thought that Posix Pthread implementation of NPTL would be better than LinuxThreads. So I tried what I said before.

There is either pthread, which has nothing to do with NPTL, or NPTL.
If you want NPTL, then you go for a LInux 2.6 kernel.  There is no way
around this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Only a fool fights in a burning house.
	-- Kank the Klingon, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown