[ELDK] glibc change for eldk 3.1.1

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Mar 26 11:02:16 CET 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

>> I thought that Posix Pthread implementation of NPTL would be better
>> than LinuxThreads. So I tried what I said before.

Yes, the NPTL implementation is superior to the LinuxThreads
implementation.  To give one example, POSIX demands that all threads
have the same process id.  This is not the case with LinuxThreads.

But on the other hand, LinuxThreads also implements mutexes so for your
original problem it might be interesting to find out _why_ exactly
OpenLDAP thinks that LinuxThreads does not support mutexes.

> There is either pthread, which has nothing to do with NPTL, or NPTL.
> If you want NPTL, then you go for a LInux 2.6 kernel.  There is no way
> around this.

Well actually both LinuxThreads and NPTL implement the posix thread API
- pthread for short.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Soon in a source code repository near you.