[ELDK] glibc change for eldk 3.1.1

Levend Sayar levend.sayar at karel.com.tr
Fri Mar 26 12:35:11 CET 2010

Hi, Detlev.

Yes you are right. pthread_mutex_* functions are available in LinuxThreads. Indeed, we are using that pthread functions in our
tcp/ip server on ppc also.
But that mutexes can be used for intra process synchronization, namely between threads.

You can build BerkeleyDB+openldap with ELDK 3.1.1. But when you run them, BerkeleyDB says "function not implemented". Since it needs
inter process
synchronization. I think POSIX pthread standard talks about mutexes which can be used inter process synchronization, but
LinuxThreads implementaion of pthreads does not have this kind of mutex.
I suspect NPTL has. Even if I could add NPTL support, maybe the result would be same for openldap.

BerkeleyDB needs synchronization between multi processes. Its configure script says many alternatives for --with-mutex switch such
as

POSIX/pthreads
POSIX/pthreads/private
POSIX/pthreads/library
POSIX/pthreads/library/private
Solaris/lwp
UI/threads
UI/threads/library
68K/gcc-assembly
AIX/_check_lock
Darwin/_spin_lock_try
ALPHA/gcc-assembly
ARM/gcc-assembly
HP/msem_init
HPPA/gcc-assembly
ia64/gcc-assembly
MIPS/gcc-assembly
PPC/gcc-assembly
ReliantUNIX/initspin
S390/cc-assembly
S390/gcc-assembly
SCO/x86/cc-assembly
SGI/init_lock
Solaris/_lock_try
*Solaris/_lock_try/membar
*Sparc/gcc-assembly
Tru64/cc-assembly
UNIX/msem_init
UNIX/sema_init
UTS/cc-assembly
*x86/gcc-assembly
*x86_64/gcc-assembly
UNIX/fcntl
win32
win32/gcc

I tried many but the result does not change too much.

So my question turns to "is there any one running openldap on ppc using 2.4 kernel ?"

_lvnd_
 (^_^)