[ELDK] Linux DWC OTG Driver - Host mode

Mark Malopy mark.malopy at onrampwireless.com
Mon Mar 29 21:24:46 CEST 2010

Greetings,

I've been searching through the ELDK archives and I find I'm having the same problem with the DWC OTG Driver in Host mode as Felix Radensky reported back in April of 09.

On my setup, I'm using the linux-2.6.31 kernel on a 405ex based platform with the OTG controller connected to an ISP1507D also configured for host-only operation.

As with Felix, I've used a DTS from the kilauea platform and confirmed that the applicable CONFIG_USB_GADGET_DWC_OTG flags are set and that the Makefile for the dwc_otg driver has been set up to use the DWC_HOST_ONLY flag.

As with Felix's original email, I too get debug output that suggests that the core is configured for device mode - I've confirmed this by looking at the transactions over the ULPI interface (DP_PULLDOWN and DM_PULLDOWN are 0) and the GINTSTS register on the Synopsis USB Core (bit31 (CurMod) is zero which causes the OTG drivers to think the core is in device mode).

So, before I start hacking away at the OTG drivers to force the core into host mode, has there been any resolution on the OTG drivers since Felix's original email regarding driver configuration and/or confirmation that the host drivers do work?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice/responses... If required I can also post dts settings, dmesg logs, etc...

Regards,

Mark Malopy