[ELDK] Pruning Filesystem

Batsayan Das batsayan.das at tcs.com
Wed Oct 6 15:46:54 CEST 2010

The other way is

Download busybox and cross compile and install it say in a directory named
"rootfs". This step will create  bin, sbin, usr etc.
run crosstool-targetcomponents-ldd on any of the binaries generated in
step 1, now you can find out the libraries required, create "lib"
directory and  copy those libraries along with soft links to the "lib"
directory of your root file system
compile kernel and install modules in the "roofs" directory.
create **empty** tmp, var, mnt,  sys directories inside "rootfs" directory
Now create etc, and put some basic files "inittab", and "init.d/rcS"

Now your "rootfs" is ready.

Regards,
Batsayan Das
Tata Consultancy Services