[ELDK] cramfs issue for hotplugged devices

Batsayan Das batsayan.das at tcs.com
Mon Sep 27 15:28:03 CEST 2010

I was referring the following url, and is able boot my box with cramfs
image.

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/RootFileSystemOnACramfsFileSystem

I facing difficulty in the bellow mentioned test cases
The file system of the box does not have the file "etc/resolv.conf ", when
I run dhcp client, it tries to create the file, and fails to update
etc/resolv.conf.
The same type of problem occurs when the USB modem tries to create
/dev/ttyUSB0.

The above url says "in the root filesystem symbolic links are used to
point to their new locations" , my question is how a symbolic link to be
created when the source of the symbolic link is not present in the file
system

How cramfs deal with hot plugged device entries in /dev directory?

If it can't , then what is the general strategy to follow?

Regards,
Batsayan Das
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: batsayan.das at tcs.com