[ELDK] Using FTDI USB serial converter with ELDK

Alberto Caballero alberto.kavan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 09:31:17 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to connect a cable that includes a FTDI device into my EP440xS
board. Following the comments found at some forums and web pages, I
configured the kernel so now I have USB serial converter support (not
compiled as a module), generic USB serial converter support and FTDI
support. After that, I downloaded my new kernel image into the board,
start-up the system, check that the USB subsystem was initializating and
then plug my cable into the system. After issuing a "dmesg" command, I found
out that the device was recognized, but no /dev/ttyUSB0 device was created.
At my laptop Fedora Linux, I got the vendor and product id numbers. Should I
use them to configure the device?

I am trying to connect a USB2serial cable from a XSens GPS sensor.

Please, can anyone give me any clue about how to solve this issue? Do I have
con configure any additional parameter at kernel settings?

Alberto