[ELDK] Do i have to replace entire my board RFS with one from the ELDK 5.1 while i only need sysrootf/powerpc-linux/lib/.debug for valgrind?

Le Ngoc Dinh dinhnl at atvn.com.vn
Wed Dec 28 12:16:56 CET 2011

Hi,
My current board is using MPC8272, libc-2.3.5.
I am porting the valgrind to run on my board. This need me to update the
libc in my board to eglibc-dbg which is provided in the ELDK 5.1.
I copied the .debug directory from the ELDK 5.1 to a common share folder
that the board and my linux host can see in the same path (mounted path:
/home/A/lib/.debug)
I use the powerpc-linux-gcc installed from the ELDK 5.1 to compile the
valgrind and my program with a link flag -R/home/A/lib/.debug. They were
compiled successfully.
But when i run them onboard, the valgrind said it could not find the
shared library path.
I used ldd from the ELDK 5.1 in my board and see the library path of my
program and valgind is still /lib/libc.so.6.
Is there any way to set the linker path in my compiled files to
/home/A/lib/.debug?
Or Do i have to update the RFS by the one in the eldk 5.1 and the lib on
board by the sysrootf/powerpc-linux/lib/.debug from the ELDK 5.1?

Thanks,
Dinh.