[ELDK] eth0: Waiting for the link to be up...

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Jan 26 15:07:29 CET 2011

On 01/26/2011 02:46 PM, Zivi, David wrote:
> Hi, I have a old version of eldk 3.1 for PPC which works perfectly,
> when booting my board TQM860L if the ethernet connector is not
> plugged I get the following message eth0: Waiting for the link to be
> up... Someone know how to complete boot without ethernet cable
> plugged in ? Thanks

This does not seem a problem related to the eldk, but a kernel related
issue (I can oly suppose that the message is shown during kernel
booting, as you do not provide a log).

And you missed to say which kernel version you are running. You have to
check in your kernel sources to see what happens.

Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de