[ELDK] ELDK 5.0 released

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 21 13:55:14 CEST 2011

Dear Gao Ya'nan,

In message <BANLkTi=GPzkf2u386Ucj3=sotgoKRRrOWw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I met a error when installing ELDK-5.0 on CentOS 5.4 because mktemp
> doesn't support --tmpdir option.
>
> So I changed
> 	tmp_dir=$(mktemp -d --tmpdir=${dest_path} eldk_install.XXXXX)
> 	tmp_dir=$(mktemp -d -p ${dest_path} eldk_install.XXXXX)
>
> and It worked.

Sorry for the delay.  I looked into this if we should adapt it for the
install script, but I hesitate.  The current (coreutils-8.10-2.fc15.i686)
man page says:

	-p DIR use DIR as a prefix; implies -t [deprecated]

i. e. it explixitly lists the "-p" option as deprecated.

Can you please confirm that there is no newer version of mktemp (with
support for "--tmpdir") in CentOS ?

> And it's a pity "-Os" bug in powerpc cross tool is still.

Yes, that's a major pain. But it's a nontrivial issue, and we have to
wait for either a fix from upstream or for a customer who pays for
the efforts needed to fix this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"More software projects have gone awry for lack of calendar time than
for all other causes combined."
                         - Fred Brooks, Jr., _The Mythical Man Month_