[ELDK] ELDK 5.0 released

Gao Ya'nan abutter.gao at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:20:46 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Gao Ya'nan,
>
> In message <BANLkTi=GPzkf2u386Ucj3=sotgoKRRrOWw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> I met a error when installing ELDK-5.0 on CentOS 5.4 because mktemp
>> doesn't support --tmpdir option.
>>
>> So I changed
>>       tmp_dir=$(mktemp -d --tmpdir=${dest_path} eldk_install.XXXXX)
>>       tmp_dir=$(mktemp -d -p ${dest_path} eldk_install.XXXXX)
>>
>> and It worked.
>
> Sorry for the delay.  I looked into this if we should adapt it for the
> install script, but I hesitate.  The current (coreutils-8.10-2.fc15.i686)
> man page says:

>        -p DIR use DIR as a prefix; implies -t [deprecated]
>
> i. e. it explixitly lists the "-p" option as deprecated.
>
> Can you please confirm that there is no newer version of mktemp (with
> support for "--tmpdir") in CentOS ?

The latest version for CentOS 5.6 is
coreutils-5.97-23.el5_6.4.x86_64.rpm, and doesn't support "--tmpdir"
option too.

CentOS 6.0 will take new coreutils, but We should wait for several days.

Anyway, I think it's better to take "-p" option and then turn to
"--tmpdir" when it failed, or give people a notice at least.

>> And it's a pity "-Os" bug in powerpc cross tool is still.
>
> Yes, that's a major pain. But it's a nontrivial issue, and we have to
> wait for either a fix from upstream or for a customer who pays for
> the efforts needed to fix this.

ELDK 4.2 works well to us, and our production is cost-sensitive, so I
think we won't switch to 5.0 in a short time.

Thanks.