[ELDK] Problem in porting linux on VCE405 powerpc board using ELDK-4.2 development environment

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Thu Jun 23 18:48:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:55:49 +0100
ext.rajive.gupta at us.transport.bombardier.com wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to boot Kontron VCE405 PowerPC board using the ELDK-4.2
> development kit  My board configuration is
> AMCO PowerPC ppc405gpr processor
> 8 mb onboard Intel flash chip (TE28F320)
> 64 mb ram
> 8K serial eprom
> 2-UART serial port
> EMAC onboard ethernet(IBM)
> 4 Zilog serial port(zilog chipset)
> PCI to VME interface(ALMA chip)
> My system stops booting after following messages.
> run ram_root

you are using "run ram_root" ?

It is

ram_root=run ramargs addip addtty;bootm ${kernel_addr} ${ramdisk_addr} ${fdt_addr}

according to your bootargs.txt "addtty" is set incorrectly, it
just overwrites "bootargs" again:
addtty=setenv bootargs console=ttyS1.9600

you should fix your "addtty" to be sth. like

"setenv bootargs ${bootargs} console=ttyS1,9600"

Anatolij