[ELDK] Booting rootfs over NFS stops after linking Phy

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 23 14:07:10 CET 2012

Dear Axel,

In message <59713f769a2fa6fa7a7fbd73318805197d716553 at webmail.freenet.de> you wrote:

> i build the ELDK 5.1.2 from the sources and try to boot the core
> basic image over nfs with the build 3.1.4 Kernel on an powerpc
> architecture (TB5200L). Another, self configured Kernel (v3.1.5) with
> NFS support build in has the same behaviour.

Have you tried these kernel images with another root file system?

This would be helpful to figure out if your kernel configuration and
your device tree blob are OK.

> Getting the Kernel uImage via TFTP works and booting stops not with a
> panic or an reboot. My Problem is that after booting the kernel the
> system stops booting after linking the ethernet PHY [ 134.418108]
> PHY: f0003000:00 - Link is Up - 100/Fullwhere it try to mount the
> rootfs.

This looks more like a kernel problem than a root file system issue to
me.

Run a network sniffer (wireshark) and analyze the logs wher eit really
stops working.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.