[ELDK] Ubuntu 12.04 and ELDK 4.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 17 20:40:31 CEST 2012

Dear Kautzmann,

In message <loom.20120517T133508-807 at post.gmane.org> you wrote:

> eldk 4.2 doesn't work with Ubuntu 12.04 as well.

ELDK 4.2 is also more than 4 years old.  It supports Linux releases
starting with something as RedHat Linux 7.3 of May 2002; covering a
whole decade of Linux distributions is actually pretty good, I think.

If it now brakes with the most recent releases, so be it.

> It would be better for me if eldk-4.x could work in Ubuntu 12.04 rather than
> setting up a compilation server or downgrading my Ubuntu host.

ELDK is Free Software.  You have all options with it: if you like, you
can analyze the issue and eventually fix it (note that for rebuilding
ELDk 4.2 you will need an old (virtual) system running RedHat Linux
7.3).  Alternatively you can hire somebody else to do this for you.
DENX is offering such services, so please feel free to contact me for
a quotation.

But please understand that with the free support we focus on
maintaining only less geriatric code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When you die, the first thing you lose is your life. The  next  thing
is the illusions.                       - Terry Pratchett, _Pyramids_