[ELDK] eldk-5 and xenomai

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Sep 13 12:24:38 CEST 2012

Hello Norbert,

> As I mentioned in an earlier e-mail, I am new to the ELDK.

Welcome!

> There is another topic, where I have some problems.
>
> I would like to use Xenomai hard real-time kernel for my
> applications. Is there a correct manual which describes how to
> integrate xenomai v2.x or v3.x (xenomai-forge) into the ELDK-5 build
> system?

No there isn't as this has not been done (yet).

> I found some manuals in the yocto documentation, especially the
> yocto-bsb and the yocto-kernel tools, but I think I have to define a
> new machine in the meta-eldk directory. Is this true?

One should define ones own machine which will then get a xenomai-enabled
kernel, yes.

> How shall I start this?

Sorry, but this is pretty much uncovered ground, so I don't have good
idea yet.  On the other hand, we are also internally working on such an
integration, so if you can wait just a little bit (tm) longer, then I
hope to be able to tell more.

Best wishes
  Detlev

--
but once i [..] looked at the code [..]  i took the test data from his
verification program and rewrote everything else.