[ELDK] eldk installation mktemp cannot make tempdir eldk_install.xxxxx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 27 10:36:02 CEST 2012

Dear 汪政,

In message <7c5f23d3.9c3f.13a06ba4246.Coremail.wzhsingle at 163.com> you wrote:
> ya, maybe my mktemp version is too  old:
>  mktemp -V
> mktemp version 1.5

Which Linux distribution s this?

What does

	$ cat /etc/issue

print.

> because i'm brand new to embeded linux developer, special with
> ELDK. How can i know it is installed successfully, and set

If there were no error messages, it should be OK.

> environment variables for powerpc-e500v2 (ppc P2020 in freescale).
> and uh, how to use ELDK for developing U-Boot.

See the documentation, especially
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/WebHome#Section_1.8.

So to build U-Boot for example for the P2020RDB board, you can type:

	-> eldk-switch -r 5.2.1 powerpc-e500v2
	Setup for powerpc-e500v2 (using ELDK 5.2.1)
	-> ./MAKEALL P2020RDB

That's all...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Life is a game. Money is how we keep score.              - Ted Turner