[ELDK] ELDK 5.4 and some MTD tools

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 9 16:07:09 CEST 2013

Dear Holger,

In message <5204DADB.1000305 at keymile.com> you wrote:

> I noticed that  some mtd tools are missing in the tar.gz files for the
> rootfs-lsb-sdk for the new ELDK 5.4. At least for the version for
> powerpc-softfloat (I didn't checked other architectures).
>
> E.g. mkfs.jffs2 and mkfs.ubifs and all the ubi related tools like ubiattach are
> not present. In ELDK 5.2 and 5.3 they were present in usr/sbin. Were they
> removed intentionally from the ELDK or are they removed by accident?

They were definitely not intentionally removed, at least not by us.
we'll have to investigate if this is a change from upstream Yocto, or
if something gone wrong on our side.

Thanks for pointing out!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Ernest asks Frank how long he has been working for the company.
        "Ever since they threatened to fire me."