[ELDK] bitbake of custom ARM kernel to U-Boot uImage not installing properly?

Hans Beckerus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 19:54:15 CET 2013

On 2013-02-23 7:13, Stefano Babic wrote:
> On 23/02/2013 18:47, Hans Beckérus wrote:

>>> Try this:
>>>
>>> do_install_prepend() {
>>>          if test ! -e arch/${ARCH}/boot/uImage ; then
>>>              if test -e arch/${ARCH}/boot/Image ; then
>>>                 ln -f arch/${ARCH}/boot/Image arch/${ARCH}/boot/uImage
>>>              fi
>>>          fi
>>>
>>>          if test ! -e arch/${ARCH}/boot/uImage ; then
>>>              if test -e arch/${ARCH}/boot/images/uImage ; then
>>>                   ln -f arch/${ARCH}/boot/images/uImage
>>> arch/${ARCH}/boot/uImage
>>>              fi
>>>          fi
>>>
>>>          if test -e arch/${ARCH}/kernel/vmlinux.lds ; then
>>>               ln -f arch/${ARCH}/kernel/vmlinux.lds arch/${ARCH}/boot/vmlinux
>>>          fi
>>> }
>>>

>> Yes, that should do it. I patched it by completely removing the first test.
>> Obviously that is not the right way to do it.
>>
> Please do not remove the Mailing List from CC - the issue can be
> interesting for other ones.
>
> I have doubt about if it is or not the best way to do. You say you have
> introduced your meta- layer. It is quite common (at least for me) to add
> my recipes-kernel to my own meta-layer, because I need to add not only
> the specific version, but also some other rules, adding also machine
> specific files (defconfig, and so on). The kernel rules under meta-eldk
> are thought to generate the machines in eldk itself, but your kernel
> receipe should go into your meta- layer.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefano Babic

Sorry for loosing the CC.  My mail client fool me sometimes :(
Anyway, I do *have* my kernel recipe in my own meta/bsp layer. I copied
it from the meta-eldk.
I just wonder why this would not break also for your bsp layer since to
me it seems wrong to ever use Image as a uImage!?
But I guess you have your reasons.

Hans