[ELDK] How to add a package to meta-toolchain-qte?

Sergei Poselenov sposelenov at emcraft.com
Mon Aug 4 18:00:43 CEST 2014

Hello,

On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 17:34:13 +0200
Marek Vasut <marex at denx.de> wrote:

> On Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 07:10:34 PM, Sergei Poselenov wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I added a package (log4cxx) to meta/recipes-devtools to ELDK-5.3
> > tree. Everything is fine, the package built and populated to the
> > target image using "IMAGE_INSTALL +=".
> >
> > However, I've run into a problem of adding the main and "-dev"
> > package to the SDK image. I need "liblog4cxx10" and
> > "liblog4cxx-dev" (the names of .ipk's) to be added to sysroot of
> > meta-toolchain-qte, so I could link a sample program with a header
> > in include/log4cxx/ and respective library.
>
> Are you possibly looking for SDKIMAGE_FEATURES variable ?

Probably, however I see that in the ELDK-5.x build framework it is not
used. Setting SDKIMAGE_FEATURES += " log4cxx-dev" doesn't work, as well
as "=".

I finally got my dev package installed and packed to the toolchain
after adding "log4cxx-dev" to the list of RDEPENDS_${PN}
in /meta-eldk/recipes-qt/packagegroups/packagegroup-qte-toolchain-target.bbappend.

Do you know how to achieve the same via the build configuration in
conf/local.conf? Setting RDEPENDS_meta-toolchain-qte or
RDEPENDS_packagegroup-qte-toolchain-target in conf/local.conf is
ignored. I think this is because RDEPENDS variable is parsed only for
the .bb recipes.

> > Could someone please advice?
> >
> > Another related question is what is the correct way to re-run
> > the creation of SKD? I'm doing "bitbake -cpopulated_sdk -f
> > meta-toolchain-qte" but not sure it picks up the changes.
>
> Or just do bitbake -c clean meta-toolchain-qte and bitbake the
> meta-toolchain- qte again to re-assemble it.

Yes, this works. Thanks!

Regards,

Sergei