[ELDK] U-Boot compile with error

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Nov 4 10:59:55 CET 2014

Hi Pavel,

[...]

> Well, being at top of the file, it looked like a configuration option
> to me. So I changed that one, and it mostly worked after the change,
> with exception of -lgcc.

Well, you certainly need a common root for the whole eldk-switch
approach so /opt/eldk which is scattered over all our documentation is
the natural choice for it.  As such, it should only be a configuration
option for people who know exactly what they do.

> I can add symlinks, but maybe
>
> # Don't change this, eldk will not work correctly when installed at
> # different place

eldk-switch.sh is not coupled to bugs that we have in individual
versions of the ELDK.  It is a design feature that the ELDK installation
is relocatable, so in my book it is a bug if it isn't.  On the other
hand it usually is not worth investing a lot of time into something
which is easily worked around and very likely changes in future versions
again.

So I think the best place would be to note that in the "FAQ"
section in our wiki[1] and that's what I'll do.

Best wishes
  Detlev

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/FrequentlyAskedQuestionsAndAnswers
--
Today people don't go to rock concerts to listen to the music, because
you can't. They go there to be part of the environment.