[ELDK] Cross Compile newer bash rpm for eldk (for ppc-v42-1)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 12 17:42:31 CET 2014

Dear Adir,

In message <db100343705343de912bfd7f086bd141 at AMSPR05MB148.eurprd05.prod.outlook.com> you wrote:

> I'm trying to build new rpm for eldk4.2 for ppc460 cpu.
>
> I failed while I'm building the source rpm version http://vault.centos.org/
> 6.5/updates/Source/SPackages/bash-4.1.2-15.el6_5.2.src.rpm

This is pretty normal, I'm afraid.  ELDK v4.2 was based on bash 3.2 of
May, 2007 - that's more than 7 years ago.   You must not expect that
you can just update to pretty recent versions of some software
package any more.  You will find that you run into a dependency here
and one there, which in turn will cause other dependencies, and in a
blink of an eye you will be trapped in a maze of depencencies which
cover more or less the whole distribution.

ELDK v4.2 is outdated, and it is practically impossible to update it.

It was a great release - I think the best we ever did - but now it is
obsolete, and time to move on.

I recommend you stop wasting your time on that old stuff, and switch
to a more recent ELDK v5.x version.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The price of curiosity is a terminal experience.
                         - Terry Pratchett, _The Dark Side of the Sun_