[ELDK] installing 5.6

K Richard Pixley rpixley at graphitesystems.com
Wed Jan 28 18:00:44 CET 2015

On 1/28/15 08:10 , Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Richard,
>
> In message <54C8078A.2040206 at graphitesystems.com> you wrote:
>> Here's the problem.  One way or another, this is a bug.  Is this the
>> right place to report bugs in eldk?  Or is there a better place?
>>
>>      rpixley at ural>
>>      /opt/eldk-5.6/powerpc-4xx/sysroots/i686-eldk-linux/usr/bin/powerpc-linux/powerpc-linux-gcc
>>      -print-libgcc-file-name
>>      /opt/eldk-5.6/powerpc-4xx/sysroots/ppc440e-linux/usr/lib/powerpc-linux/4.8.2/libgcc.a
>>
>>      rpixley at victory>
>>      /opt/eldk-5.6/powerpc-e500v2/sysroots/i686-eldk-linux/usr/bin/powerpc-linux/powerpc-linux-gcc
>>      -print-libgcc-file-name
>>      libgcc.a
> I should have read this thread to the end.  You are right again, and
> although my previous quick&dirty patch is good enough to build a
> Linux kernel, this one needs fixing, too.
It's not good enough for some kernels.  As I mentioned earlier, at least
the port I'm trying to use, (looks like all powerpc's, actually),
overwrite those variables at the Makefile level so the env versions are
never seen.

I suspect you may want to bolster your automated tested process around
this.  The env file is so old that building a few things with the tool
chain would have shown it to be broken.
> And yes, this is the reight place to report ELDK bugs.  Thanks for
> doing so, much appreciated.
No worries.  Long time GNU person here with 6 years OE experience.
Haven't mucked with yocto.  Happy to have found your prebuilt binaries
for my current project.

Thanks for your attention.

--rich