[ELDK] installing 5.6

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 28 20:59:41 CET 2015

Dear Richard,

In message <54C938FB.1080608 at graphitesystems.com> you wrote:

> > mpc5200_defconfig and mpc85xx_defconfig).  Both build fine with just
> > sourcing the env file, un-setting LDFLAGS, and running "make" without
> > any specific command line options, i. e. just
> >
> > 	-> make mpc85xx_defconfig
> > 	-> make -s -j8 uImage
> >
> > In which way is your kernel different?  where does it throw errors?
> 1. produces scary /warnings /on -mcpu, which is apparently now obsolete.
> 2. fails with an error on linking vmlinux because it can't find "libgcc.a".

Both looks seriously broken to me, and I cannot reproduce any of these
here.

> I'm not sourcing any env file.  But I /am/ setting PATH in the
> environment, and CROSS_COMPILE and CC on the make command line.

Well, can you please, for testing, try and run a build like that:

	-> source /opt/eldk-5.6/powerpc-e500v2/environment-setup-ppce500v2-linux
	-> unset LDFLAGS
	-> make mrproper
	-> make ???_defconfig
	-> make uImage

Please log all output, and if there are any errors or warnings, then
please send me the full logs (as PM, off-list).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Never give in.  Never give in.  Never. Never. Never."
- Winston Churchill