[ELDK] Fwd: request for information on a reference document of Porting Linux for AMCC 440gx Ref Platform

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 21 11:34:58 CET 2016

Dear Rama Chandra,

In message <CA+Wf0EFDEBoF1RKj2boYzxfbQ13kjn0jLLAyXriGctCpqwVQaQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Recently i am started Embedded Linux, Could you have about any information
> or reference document of Porting Linux for AMCC 440gx Ref Platform

There should be no need to do such porting; both the old (ocotea) and
the new (taishan) were well supported in both U-Boot and Linux
mainline at the time these processors were considered current, i. e.
up to 2012/2013 or so.  The last version that we tested on these
platforms was mainline kernel version v3.8

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Never worry about theory as long as  the  machinery  does  what  it's
supposed to do.                                      - R. A. Heinlein