[tbot] Release 0.7.0

Harald Seiler hws at denx.de
Sun Mar 3 13:14:23 UTC 2019

Hi Stefano,

On Sat, 2019-03-02 at 21:09 +0100, Stefano Babic wrote:
> Hi,

[...]
> I updated to 0.7 - I have some questions:
>
> - even running with checked-in boards and lab, I get errors due to
> missing kconfig module:

Oh, sorry, tbot-denx requires latest tbot from the development branch.
I'll add this to the README.

> - checking the code, it looks to me that boards and labs are much more
> correlated together instead to be orthogonal. In fact, I forked "mira"
> to let it running in my lab.
>
> class Mira(denx.Board):
>      name = "phymira"
>      lab_name = "pollux"
>
> Why the board must have the name of the lab ? I have expected that it is
> only set into lab, that is lab_name = lh.lab_name (if we want to have it).

This is intended, because the `Board` is lab-specific (it contains power and
console commands which are very lab specific ...).  If you want a dual lab setup,
I'd suggest something along the lines of

	class DenxMira(denx.Board):
	    name = "phymira"
	    lab_name = "pollux"

	class YourMira(augsburg.Board):
	    name = "mira"
	    lab_name = "augsburg"

	if tbot.selectable.LabHost.name == "pollux":
	    BOARD = DenxMira
	elif tbot.selectable.LabHost.name = "augsburg":
	    BOARD = YourMira
	else:
	    raise Exception("lab not supported")

I know this is not ideal and I already have some experimental changes to tbot
for a better system in the future.  I will update tbot-denx and a planned
reference/example repo to reflect these changes once they are upstream ...

The config issue we can see here is very important to be solved right, which is
why I am hesitant to rush a solution that might need to be changed again in the
future.  Although I will push a proposal to a new branch as soon as possible so
you can give feedback if it covers all cases you need ...

--
Harald

Phone: +49-8142-66989-62  Fax: +49-8142-66989-80   Email: hws at denx.de