New 'labman' tool

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sun Apr 19 20:31:13 CEST 2020

Hi,

I have been fiddling with setting up a lab and have found it quite a
pain. Lots of USB connections and things sometimes break.

The collection of pytest, udev and tbot scripts that I end up with is
hard to manage and error-prone. I decided that I really wanted a
central database to keep control of this.

Hubs are a pain because their internal numbering does not always
correspond to their visible port numbers.

Also when something goes wrong with a component in the lab, it is hard
to know which one is broken and which port it is on.

So I have started something called labman to help with this. It can
generate simple tbot scripts, check that all components are working
and help with simple management tasks.

Please see the README and let me know what you think.

https://github.com/sglass68/u-boot/tree/labman/tools/labman

Regards,
Simon